Thursday, January 31, 2013

Throwback Thursday

One of the most popular posts on my old blog, my boyfriend ad from 2010! HAHAHAHA! I love this entry. It brings to mind my last year as a college student. Lots and lots of awesome and hilarious memories! I don't think my preference in men has changed. If I were to write a new ad this year, it would be pretty much the same, I think. Most of the things I wrote here were the same as the first list (what makes a wonderful guy) I came up with back in 2006. How old was I then, eighteen?

Anyway, on this post, some Anon left me this comment:

You're setting feminism back fifty years. I feel bad that the taxpayer is subsidizing your education. (lolwat the taxpayer? poor taxpayer, whoever he is)

To which my lezzie replied:

shut the fuck up. it's her life.

and btw, YOU'RE setting feminism back one hundred years because apparently, you're so narrow-minded, the concept of women fearlessly going after what they want (yes, it includes *gasp* boys!) is absurd to you.

go find another blog to stalk.

My lez is awesome. Which reminds me, before I came up with this Wanted: Boyfriend post, lez posted something similar on her blog, albeit shorter. She wrote:


This is my best friend, Kat. She’s 22. Single. She reads Gaiman and Murakami. She’s into FFXIII, Monster Hunter, and whatever else you can play on the PS3 and the XBox. She can move you with her writing. She can make you fall in love with her singing. She wants somebody to make out with. Somebody she can watch corny movies with. Somebody to listen to Indies with.

She can be the best thing that will ever happen to you.

For decent guys who are single and interested, leave a comment or a message. Don’t miss the chance to get to know the most special girl in the world.

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it feels to have been called the most special girl in the world once in my life. I swear, if lez and I were really lesbian, we'd get married. But, oh well, we're damn straight.

Enough rambling; here's the post:


I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A BOYFRIEND.

I’ve said that before, I know. I can’t say it enough. I don’t need a boyfriend but I want one. I want to meet someone who’s into books, films, and music. Not just any kind of music though. Rock music is what it is. A lot of my friends tell me to go to bars but I doubt I’d find my boy there. I mean, bars aren’t my thing. What the hell. Neither are they my boy’s. I mean, surely the people who’d be there are the bar-going type of people, right? And that’s not what I’m looking for. What I want is someone whose first stop at the mall would either be a toy store or a book store. Someone who prefers to stay in on Saturday nights gobbling up a novel or listening to new music or having a movie marathon. And no, he doesn’t have to be gorgeous. He just has to look decent. Neat. Neat guys are nice. Real nice. I want someone with whom I could trade books and music and discuss stupid things with like they’re all that matter in the universe. I was about to ask why it’s so hard to find someone like this but I just realized why. Again. Because I don’t go out. I don’t meet people. I don’t make an effort to meet people because people scare me. So instead I type away and come up with something part-rant-part-advertisement in hopes of getting someone to introduce me to a guy that fits the description, or for said guy to stumble upon this post and introduce himself to me. Fat chance.

I’m not ugly, although I can’t say I’m pretty either. I’m average. I happen to be overweight, which totally sucks, but I’m doing something about it so I can look good on my graduation day (hahaha). I hate that body size matters but it does. It fucking does. So I’m putting it here. Anyway, as I’ve said, I don’t need a boyfriend but I really really want one. I want someone to spend days and nights with. I want someone to make out with. To have sex with (there, I said it). I’m not too crazy about the idea though. I like kissing far better, believe it or not. But most importantly (yes, there is something more important than making out and having sex), someone to talk to. I have friends for that, true, but I can’t expect my friends to listen to me all the time and give me 100% of their attention but I can get that from a boyfriend. Because he has to. It’s part of his role as a boyfriend. Because these days it’s hard to find someone who would give you all of their attention. Here I go again with my selfish desires. But yeah. I want that. Because nobody ever gives me 100% attention, I don’t think. Not even my mom. So yeah. I want that. That would be nice.

And in turn, I would give him my attention too. 100%. No matter how short my attention span is. I can try. I will try.

I am twenty two. I once thought I’d be married by the age of twenty three. It’s not happening, obviously, unless I meet someone soon and fall madly in love and decide to marry in a fucking hurry. Someone a little older than me would be good, but hey, age doesn’t matter, right? Although, yeah, there’s a limit. So, uhh, anywhere from twenty to twenty eight would be nice. Real nice.

Let’s see. I’ve dated the musician type, the artist type, the otaku type, and the gamer type. I’ve never dated the writer type. Why is that? Not to say that I want my next boyfriend to be a writer type, no, that’s not necessary, although I imagine it would be pretty nice too. But, meh, it would just be a bonus, I guess. Not into the sporty type ‘m’fraid. Never was sporty, so there’s no use having a jock for a boyfriend.

God, I’m too picky. No wonder I’m single.

Then again, I have every right to be picky, don’t I? We’re talking about someone I’m gonna end up exchanging saliva with (kind of gross when you put it like that) so yes, I think I do have the right to be this choosy.

Anyway.

What else is there to say? Oh yeah. Height. He has to be taller than me. I’m not very tall. Average height. Five foot three. So the boy has to at least be five foot six. No special reason. Just a personal preference I imagine I share with a majority of the female species. A silly boy would be nice. Not dumb. Just silly. I mean, like, you know, someone funny and spontaneous and a little bit insane. Someone who likes taking walks under the rain or killing each other off in a good game of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Tekken 6. A boy. I really want a boy.

And please, no weird fetishes.

And oh, he has to love the Philippines and has to be willing to stay here for the rest of his goddamn life.

That’s about it, I guess. Am I asking for too much? I just want a boy to fall in love with. Nothing out of the ordinary, although a little masochism won’t hurt. Yep. A boy to make the empty feeling go away. That would be nice. Real nice.

***

Oh, what a silly, stupid girl I was. Am. I just realized I've been posting too much on this blog. I hardly wrote last year because, well, 1) I was busy, 2) I didn't want to talk about my relationship problems here, 3) after I quit my job, I didn't have a life to write about, and 4) I sort of fell into a near-depressed state (and for a time, I was the crazy anime lady, according to a friend). I came up with a list of things I intend to write about. Let's see if I can actually do it. For now, though, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment