Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Love for All Things Beautiful


sight, sound, and scent
color, coffee, and conversation
literature, lace, and love
picture, poetry, paper, and pen
ink and inspiration

time and truth and tattoo
pleasure and pain and piercing

swirl, smoke, and solitude

These are things that come to mind, along with images of flowers and grass growing wild in an open field. A simple life I have been longing to live. Something I feel I have been deprived of. There is a hunger growing inside me. A need, a longing to breathe an air some place else. A place with no concrete walls, no silver deserts of asphalt, no tall, fiber glass windows.

I want not only to see beauty, but to experience it. To hold it and preserve it. To create something out of it. To capture it and become one with it.

There is a fire burning in my hearth, warming up my made-up winter days. There is no fall in the land I come from, but dead trees stand proud, their roots buried in its earth, their branches reaching for its sky.

I, too, have a sky.

I long for something beautiful. Merely existing holds no meaning.

I long to be defined.

***

Don't mind me. I'm just rambling and being overly incoherent. The italicized text was, by no means, an attempt at poetry, but a mere listing of things where I find beauty.

***

I just realized I have a fascination for complex characters in books and films. By complex, I mean confused, confusing, complicated, carefree, and careless characters.

***

What defines you?

No comments:

Post a Comment