Monday, January 14, 2013

I don't get this at all

Then again I may have played this same game with a few guys before so I've no right to complain.

Someone gives you their number and then texts you. You assume they're interested and maybe they are. For a little while, at least. And then they disappear. And you're left with absolutely no idea what you said or what you did or if it's even your fault to begin with.

Being led on is the worst. I'm trying to think whether or not I've led anyone on in the past. I'd like to think I hadn't. All the people I've been in relationships with I'd loved. For months, for a year. I'd loved them until I no longer did. My love is not an ocean; it's a shallow river that dries up when the summer is cruel and freezes when the winter is harsh. I need someone whose seasons are temperate enough to keep the water running. Whatever that means.

I'm addicted to love.

I've broken up with someone not too long ago, but here I am, already longing for someone new to shower with affection. Why is this so damn hard when there are billions of people around? And why are we still lonely? And why do some people refuse love?

People are so darn complicated. SMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment