Saturday, January 12, 2013

Changes

Let's see.

One month at work and I'm already being transferred to another account. Seems like it's gonna be more difficult since it's tech, but whatever, work is work and if other people can do it, there's no reason I can't. Aha! Positive thinking! Deleted the post prior to this 'cause it was so nega. Must avoid bad vibes as much as possible, which means never again visiting my ex's Facebook account and not wasting brain space on people who are not doing the same. I'll spend time with people who actually want to be with me, that is, my friends and family.

Life's not perfect but I'm quite happy. There are days when I feel like I'm getting nowhere and that what I'm currently doing has no sense of purpose, but, heck, I'm paying off debt, little by little. I can live comfortably in a condominium with a gorgeous rooftop view of the city and I can buy pretty much whatever I want (except a boyfriend, goddammit, where can I get one?!). To feel unhappy in spite of this is to be ungrateful and stupid. I refuse to be either, so I'll be happy for what I have for now. Of course, I still miss teaching sometimes, but I can always go back to being a teacher when my other problems are solved.




Recently (like yesterday recent) got a set of makeup brushes. I love makeup. I always have! I've been playing with my mom's makeup for as long as I can remember. Started wearing makeup in high school; eyeliner, especially. Never really learned how to properly apply makeup though. I mean, I know the basics, but I want to learn the art. So I bought a brush set!

Last year I was going crazy over brushes too. Paint brushes, that is. Haven't painted in forever, though. Not that it matters--I suck at it anyway. LOL. It was a good stress reliever, however. Maybe I can get into it again this year, who knows?

I'm at home now. I hear... fireworks? IDK. Won't be going back to Manila until Monday, since my schedule has been changed to T-S instead of M-F. When my manager called me to her office to talk to me about the transfer, I got scared 'cause I thought I'd have to work the night shift. Thank goodness I'd still be on the day shift. I don't ever want to work at night. The night is for sleeping and I love to sleep. I've been making sure I get at least seven hours of sleep a day. Last night was an exception; I was busy watching makeup tutorials on YouTube that I went to bed at 1AM.

Anyway, time for some photos!

This looked terrible in real life. Experimented on eyeliner and ended up with this. I couldn't stop staring at my reflection'cause I really didn't look like myself. I think it was then that I really decided it's high time I bought myself a set of  qualitymakeup brushes.

My friend Dorothy came over today to play with makeup with me. LOL. She was like, "I'll be your canvas!" And this is what we ended up with. Nothing fancy. I'm really interested in learning how to contour faces. Makeup is awesome.

These were the three makeup looks I did on myself today. Again, nothing fancy here, except maybe the nose contouring? I can't even tell if I did that right or what. Hahaha. 

I'm so excited. I can't wait to get paid again so I could buy an eye shadow palette (or maybe one of those makeup boxes that have powders, bronzers, highlighters, eye shadows, and lip colors in them!) and learn more about makeup. It's fascinating. It really is pretty much like painting, only your canvas is neither flat nor blank.

Next time I ask friends to model for me, I'll do their makeup too. I'm so excited. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment