Monday, February 11, 2013

You Got Mail

Received a couple of letters this last week. One was from the lovely Isa, the other from my internet friend Katyha, all the way from Sydney. I love getting mail. I stopped writing letters last year though 'cause the post office never sent two long letters I wrote, one to Isa and another to my then-boyfriend. I don't know why they never got the letters and if it was my post office's fault or theirs (they were both in Pasig), but that sure sucked bigtime.

Katyha sent me a set of postcards by local artists (photo below) and a seven-page letter. I love getting letters from people abroad, whom I've never actually met. I'm just about to write my reply, so I can send the letter this afternoon before I go back to Manila.

I'm planning on going to Cubao Ex this weekend with my LF loves. Malls just don't cut it anymore, so I decided it's time I go someplace else. Somewhere I can go on a regular basis, I guess. Cubao Ex is, as Gio told me last night, a place for hipsters, which we are not, but I don't think we're full-on mainstreamers either so we might fit in well enough. I've only been there once, over a year ago. I loved the little antique stores and second hand book shops they had. Which reminds me, I watched Midnight in Paris again a few nights ago. Didn't finish it, though. I just wanted to see it again. Kind of like what I sometimes do with (500) Days of Summer. Both movies are favorites, and both visually appealing. I like my films with lots of yellow tones.

Speaking of films, I want to see Warm Bodies. Maybe I should go this Valentine's Day. Hmm. By myself, yes, because hoing on dates on V-Day is too mainstream. What.

No comments:

Post a Comment