Friday, February 15, 2013

How I Spent Valentine's Day

Some asshole posted on Facebook that people who don't have dates should just admit their "utter lack of qualification for participation in it" and that "unattractive people can be so creative" in making up excuses for supposedly loving their singlehood and for criticizing Valentine's day.

Well, excuse me. If someone says they love being single, who are you to question them? And why the fuck does it even matter to you that some people don't buy the idea of Valentine's? Haha. Seriously. If you were so happy on Vday because you had a girlfriend, you wouldn't have time to browse your newsfeed, read other people's posts on the occasion, and rant about it. Come on, dude.

Anyway, I'm not really a fan of the day, as I've mentioned in a previous post. I was supposed to go on a date with two of my constants, but in the morning, on Twitter, I read about the One Billion Rising in Tomas Morato, so I asked Natz and Gio if we could join said event instead of spending our night at a mall. Because they're awesome, they agreed to spend their evenings at an event to support a global campaign to end violence against women.

I'm so happy. Really.

We left the event for about an hour and a half to find a place to eat. We ended up at this noodle house that serves hand-pulled noodles and that looks like a reataurant out of a Jackie Chan film. Oh. My. God. Best fucking noodles ever. They also have the best pork dumplings I've ever had in my life and their buchi was also very good. The place is called SanSeh, by the way. Even their water tastes good. Hah.

Also, I almost got run over by a car at least three times last night, which led me to conclude that in our little group, I am the idiot. Gio is the straight guy, and Natz is... I forget what Gio called Natz. Haha. Anyway, I had an awesome night and I came home with a stomach full of hand-pulled noodles and a heart filled with love and joy and warmth.

And that's the point of Valentine's day, isn't it? Well, if it's not and you tell me it's actually to give/receive flowers and gifts and love letters and go on dates with a special someone, fuck you. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment