Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Getting Better

Slowly becoming comfortable with being alone again. I still long for company from time to time, of course, but being by myself's fine. I think things will get even better once I get paid. Haha. I'm getting through this sober.

Apparently, I've been certified already. So this week I started doing real work. And it's fucking tough. On my first day I was only able to do ten evaluations when my goal is twenty four. Goddammit. Today though, I managed to finish twelve and then do twenty sort-of-evaluations to meet my daily goal. The system slows me down. The program we're using is as slow as fuck, operating as if the workstation was running on Windows 98.

Anyway, I spent Sunday afternoon with some of my college friends and we had a shoot on my roof. That's right. The roof is mine. Here be samples from said shoot.







Well? What do you think? I'm quite happy with the outcome. Not satisfied, but happy. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with my work. Which isn't at all a bad thing. Dissatisfaction should lead to a desire to do better, if dealt with properly. I want to be the kind of person who takes a single shot and it turns out awesome. I should really try using a film camera. Should help me learn to make every shot count.

Sure, maybe I'm far from talented. But I'd like to think I can take photographs that people might find beautiful. Yay motivation!

Here's a picture of me and my friend Natz, who's also a hobbyist. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment